UK registered SMEs can apply for a share of £1.5 million to support the evaluation of innovative medical devices, diagnostics and regulated digital health products in a real world clinical setting.The Office for Life Sciences will work with Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, to invest in innovation projects in Round 5 of this grant funding competition.
All projects must be led by a UK based SME. You can choose from 2 options:
- Planning and preparation for a study, for which total eligible project costs can be up to £100,000.
- A study to collect clinical performance and cost-effectiveness data, for which total project costs can be up to £500,000.
Your proposal must:
- describe the innovative or CE-marked device
- show how your product is likely to have a significant impact, including increasing patient access to innovative technologies where appropriate
- demonstrate how the product meets the priority needs, such as those reviewed in the NHS Long Term Plan
- provide evidence that you are working with appropriate stakeholders including NICE, NHS, NIHR and AHSNs
- outline how your study will allow NICE to evaluate the data you collect
Your project must:
- focus on understanding evidence gaps and testing product performance to explain the operational impact of your product on the NHS
- add data to the evidence base that can contribute to the health technology appraisal process, for instance by comparing the use of the new product with the current standard of care
- involve potential breakthrough technologies
- help improve methods and systems
Competition opens: Monday 30 September 2019
Competition closes: Wednesday 11 December 2019, 12 noon
Click here for full details of this SME Support to Evaluate Innovative Medical Technologies Grant Funding Competition.
R&D Funding Group can advise if your business is eligible to apply for one of these R&D Grants and help you win funding. To find out more, please contact Stephen Dyson on 0161 464 6351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.