APC 9: Anchoring Low Carbon Technology Development in the UK
Competition opened: Monday 8th January 2018
Competition closes: 12 noon on Wednesday 7th March 2018
Low Carbon Technology Grant Funding
The Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) is to invest in a limited number of collaborative research and development (R&D) pre-production match funded projects. UK businesses can apply for a share of circa £30 million for collaborative, match funded, late stage R&D projects to advance the growth of low carbon propulsion.
This grant funding competition follows a 2-stage process consisting of an application and an interview stage.
APC competitions are formally delivered in partnership between the APC, Innovate UK and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
To be eligible to apply for this Low Carbon Technology Grant Funding, projects must demonstrate the development of on-vehicle technologies and vehicle infrastructure interfaces, for either on or off-road vehicles. Technologies must be based around one or more of the Auto Council’s 4 strategic technologies:
– electric machines and power electronics
– energy storage and energy development
– lightweight vehicle and powertrain structures
– thermal propulsion
Projects are required to:
– deliver significant reductions in vehicle CO2 emissions and improvements in air quality
– strengthen UK capability and develop the UK’s supply chain in the field of low carbon vehicle propulsion or lightweight systems technology
– accelerate the development of technology solutions supporting low emission vehicles
Projects that will accelerate disruptive technologies towards market entry are particularly encouraged.
Total eligible project costs should range from £5 million to £40 million. The duration should be between 18 and 42 months.