Digital Health Technology Catalyst Round 4: Collaborative R&D
Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, is to invest up to £5 million in industrial research and experimental development projects. These projects must develop new digital technology solutions to healthcare challenges.
The aims of this competition are to:
– address major healthcare challenges
– grow the UK digital healthcare industry through the innovative use of digital technologies
– develop solutions for either clinical or non-clinical use
Innovate UK has partnered with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) to provide projects with real world data advisory services from DataLab. You must demonstrate in your application for the Digital Health Technology Catalyst grant how these services are valuable to your project.
To be eligible for funding your project must:
– be led by a UK based SME
– be collaborative and include at least one business (of any size), NHS organisation, academic organisation, charity, public sector organisation or research and technology organisation (RTO)
– carry out its project work in the UK
The lead organisation and at least one other organisation in the project must claim funding through this competition.
Applicants must show how their project will improve the competitiveness and productivity of at least one UK SME involved in the project.
A portfolio of projects which demonstrate the potential for significant innovation will be selected for funding. These projects will be across a variety of technologies, markets and healthcare needs.
Total funding available: £5 million
Competition opens: Monday 11 February 2019
Competition closes: Wednesday 10 April 2019, 12:00pm
Click here for full details.